The Colorado Archaeological Society is a private, non-profit organization established in 1935, and currently includes 12 chapters located throughout the state. The membership is comprised of avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology as well as the discovery, documentation, and protection of Colorado’s historic and prehistoric cultural resources.
Membership is open to any person interested in archaeology.
Download the membership application: CAS Denver Chapter Membership Application – revised 11-4-15 (PDF)
- Monthly meetings with lectures by noted professional and avocational archaeologists.
- Monthly newsletter, the All Points Bulletin, filled with articles, upcoming events, and volunteer opportunities. Now available via email with links to regional events.
- The renowned CAS quarterly journal, Southwestern Lore.
- Access to the extensive Chapter library.
- Field trips to sites around Colorado and the western U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in professionally supervised archaeological projects.
- Volunteer work trips and service projects.
- CAS Annual meetings.
- Archaeological certification training (PAAC) offered in conjunction with History Colorado.
- Camaraderie with other avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology and cultural preservation issues.