Colorado Archaeological Society
Members of the Colorado Archaeological Society will:
- Uphold local, State and Federal antiquities laws.
- Conduct field and/or laboratory activities using professionally accepted standards.
- Accept the responsibility, if serving as Principal Investigator, to publish the results of the investigation and to make the collection available for further scientific study.
- Support only scientifically and legally conducted archaeological activities. Members will not condone the sale, exchange or purchase of artifacts obtained from illegal activities.
- Respect the property rights of landowners.
- Report vandalism to appropriate authorities.
- Be sensitive to the cultural histories and spiritual practices of groups that are the subject of archaeological investigation.
There shall be deemed to be no conflict between this Code of Ethics and the PAAC Code of Ethics.
Members are encouraged to subscribe to and to support both codes.